Friday, November 2, 2012

SewingRoom SewAlong….Tape Measure Cover / Case

Please forgive me for posting this late….but the flu knocked me off my feet and I have had the pleasure of spending the last 48hrs in bed….alone …sick !! …what fun! My head stopped pounding for a few minutes so I figured I better write this post before it starts again….

This is the last "official" Sewing Room SewAlong Project !! (I'll be posting some projects in December but it is optional if you wish to make them….I wanted to keep December free for everyone to do their Christmas shopping/sewing!)

Here comes this months project….Tape Measure case !

A Spoonful of Sugar has a few examples …my favorite is the one with the flowers…

Flower Tape Measure 4
or maybe an Victorian one ….

Victorian

For the Yoyo lovers…here's one for you !

Yoyo version

If your more of an animal person…how about one of these…

Susan has instructions for this cute Owl on her blog….

Owl TM
or…Ulla has this cute cat tape measure on her blog

01 DSCN1388 JPG2 pix OK

I Love this one…it is a Pincushion, scissor holder & Tape Measure holder all in one…. the instructions are in English & German

SHeepcover

For the knitters out there..how about a little pouch by Purlbee???

Knitters pouch
Maybe your the romantic type and this heart is for you  ??

DSC07557_medium2
and some flowers for the Crochet lovers !

rosette TMC blog
The tape measure doesn’t have to be covered…it can also be a little pouch, case, container…

Cheryl has this cute example of a tape measure case…no directions…inspiration only ! super cute

6a00e54f8e718b883301774363ce33970d


or how about something silly like this funny chicken pouch..you could store your tape measure in there too!

02 DSCN4496 pix OK NIMI

I think the fever is getting to me…but I think you get this idea…have fun with the project….

….off to your machines Ladies !!

I’m going back to bed !

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

9 comments:

  1. oh my Godness get to feeling better.. so sorry you are in bed with the flu.
    These tape measures are simply adorable.. Super cute ... now which one to make or i really should say how many can I make lol
    now take your medicine and go to bed REST
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz,
    hope you get better soon, not nice to read your ill :o(
    Send you good wishes and a big hug
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    for the first time since You started the SAL, I´m the first one with a finished object ;-))
    hugs and good wishes
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're not well. Hope you feel better soon. These are adorable. I like the flower one the best too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m a yoyo lover!!! Das Ding ist ja so süß, warum habe nie selbst daran gedacht? Liebe Liz, vielen Dank für die ganzen Beispiele für Maßbandhüllen, die du für uns gefunden hast. Ich wünsche dir gute Besserung, ganz schnell!!!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz,

    Love the sweet cat and owl - thanks for showing us these and will go and take a look.
    Hope you are feeling better and over the flu.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das ist eine schöne Auswahl an Anleitungen, das mit der Eule gefällt mir besonders gut.
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Liz,
    da hast du wieder ein paar schöne Anleitungen rausgesucht, aber wenn ich ganz ehrlich bin, so eine Verpackung für mein Maßband liegt wahrscheinlich irgendwo leer rum *grins*. Vielleicht werkel ich ja doch noch eins als Weihnachtsgeschenk, jedenfalls Danke für Inspiration und vielleicht auch Motivation ;-))
    ganz liebe Grüße
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  9. fertig - Foto ist im 'Mailkasten'
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message ...It makes my heart sing !

I have turned off the ability for anonymous users to comment on my blog due to spam. Registering for a google account is free and allows you to comment on any blog you wish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...