Thursday, May 1, 2014

A little birdie ...

told me that I should stop decluttering the house and get back to sewing...so I finally listened !!!

I figured I better start with an easy pattern....since I wanted to make the Convertible Bag again ( see first version here) but this time in denim for everyday use... I wanted it to have a little embroidery and a touch of red of course! Dada...a summer denim bag !!
This is an easy versatile pattern.....I love that the straps are adjustable with swivel clips, so I can wear it cross-body...
 ...it has this cute pleat in the bottom ...
... A big pocket in the front for keys or cell phones .....
With a thumb clasp
  ...of course no inside would be complete without a few more pockets ...and a touch of denim
....one more pocket on the back.....
 But the coolest part is...unclip the strap from the top ....weave it through the tunnel in the back...clip it on the bottom D-Rings...and viola a backpack!! ...isn't that cool...I think its cool !! 
I'm easily amused !

This little Birdie is off to do a bit more sewing...May's "Bag of the Month" pattern just came in and I still have to sew Feb & April bags!!  This is going to be a busy month!
Hugs,
P.S: I am happy to finally be able to link up with RUMS

P.S.S The embroidery design is from Urban Threads 

15 comments:

  1. Love the denim and embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Liz,
    schön, dass Du wieder nähst! Ich habe dich schon vermisst!
    Das ist eine interessante Idee, einen Rucksack aus der Tasche zu machen. Es sieht ganz einfach aus. Toll ist die Jeanstasche geworden!
    LG
    Valomea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Liz,
    welcome back!!! Was für eine hübsche Tasche-Rucksack!!! Sehr, sehr schön!
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz- was für eine süße Tasche!!!!
    Oh, ich bin ganz verliebt!!!
    Liebe Grüße von Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Liz, schön, dass Du wieder nähst!!! Sehr schöne Tasche ... und so praktisch! Klasse!
    Liebe Grüße, Christa

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Liz,
    I love your new summer bag!
    It looks beautiful and the details are sew cool.
    x-o
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag , the embroidery, the birds. - I can't pick a favourite !!!!! All fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Einfach schön! Und die Rucksackschlaufe ist genial!
    Liebe Grüße, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you stopped the decluttering madness and started sewing. The idea to use the flap to feature some embroidery is genius! Very cute and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Liz,
    so glad youa re back sewing :O)
    This Bag is wonderful , love the Birdy Embroidery :O)
    Have a happy sewing day and weekend!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super schön! Ich freu mich dass Du wieder nähst.
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wunderschön,deine Stickerei ist zuckersüß!!!!
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Na, ist Deine Muse zurück? Eine sehr schöne Tasche!
    LG Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  14. I dont know which detail I love more - the bag, the embroidery, the birds, the denim/red combo - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great bag! It's very unique and so personal! Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message ...It makes my heart sing !

I have turned off the ability for anonymous users to comment on my blog due to spam. Registering for a google account is free and allows you to comment on any blog you wish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...